Fernando Torressays he ditched Chelseathis summer for AC Milanbecause he did not feel important at Stamford Bridge.
The striker joined the Blues for what was in January 2011 a British record transfer fee of £50 million (€63m), having seen his remarkable early standards at Liverpool suffer a dip.
Torres failed to return to his goalscoring peak and never truly justified his pricetag during his three and a half years at the west London side.
After Chelsea signed in-form forward Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid ahead of the 2014-15 season, Torres opted to join Milan on a two-year loan deal, and has now claimed the decision was not motivated by any falling-out with Jose Mourinho.
"Mourinho has always been good to me," Torres toldCuatro. "The decision to leave was a personal one because I needed more, I needed to feel important.
"Mourinho and I have a good relationship and still today we continue to talk to each other."
Speculation was rife during the summer that Torres could return to Atletico this summer but the 30-year-old claims such a move was never an option.
"There wasn't a genuine option to return," he added. "The media speculated it and I didn't like that.
"I've said it many times: I won't go to Atletico to retire. I will go if I have motivation to compete because their team today is very different than when I was there.
"I follow them every weekend, but they were never an option that were real."
Source: goal




0 comments:
Post a Comment